Logo design created by youth artist Bailee Lawrence
Hopefest Amazon Warrior Registration
BE THE LIGHT YOU WISH TO SEE!
Everyone is welcome to join the Hopefest team!
Be a Warrior for a day, overcome your personal challenges and have fun at this family oriented event raising money for Marnie’s Studio at SickKids.
Check out the 90 Day Health and Wellness challenge with World Class Cross Fit Champion Kelly Graham to get in shape for this event.
Anyone can participate in the 90 Day Health and Wellness Challenge and you can do it at your own pace at home or your local gym. For training info from the coaches check out the Hopefest Amazon Warriors on Facebook at Hopefest Amazon Warriors Facebook Page
Amazon Warriors are required to participate in the 90 day Health and Wellness challenge beginning on January 30, 2016 to build strength and be physically fit and prepared to face the challenge courses on Saturday April 30, 2016.
Notes: HEIGHT/OBSTACLE CHALLENGES- Helmets, harness and all other equipment are included in registration and provided by the Georgina ROC to meet all safety requirements.
FULL ACCESS TO PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT TRAINING PROVIDED
Professional Sports Coach– Kelly Graham (above left)
Cross Fit Champion ranking 1st in Canada and 7th in the world in Masters Division
- Sports and Athletic Coaching
- Proper diet and nutrition while training
- Exercise routine to prepare for strength and endurance
- Tips to prevent injury while working out and during event
Personal Empowerment Life Coach – Joanne Pugh (above right)
Pro Level Tree Top Trekker and CN Tower Edgewalk Participant (Guinness Book of World Records for highest walk around the outside of a freestanding building)
- Setting and maintaining personal goals
- Overcoming fear of heights
- Incorporating exercise and nutrition change in to daily routines and habits
- Build confidence and self-esteem
“AMAZON WARRIORS” PARTICIPANT REQUIREMENTS
1) Required to pay event registration fees (See step 1 above)
2) Must be 10 years of age or older to participate in the Obstacle Challenge.
3) Be willing to participate to the best of their ability in all 3 challenges, display positive team spirit and encouragement to other members of the team.
4) Be willing to provide and wear an appropriate theme costume representing a character from ancient Greek mythology (volunteers are available to assist in making costumes if needed)
5) Must be willing to collect Pledges (pledge sheets will be made available as well as a donation page for online donations made directly to SickKids)
6) Be willing to participate on an event Facebook Page and have pictures posted about team event and involvement. Hopefest Amazon Warriors
7) Consent to have photos and event footage submitted in video format to be used for promotional purposes by SickKids, Hopefest or any of their approved affiliations.
Please read all required “Waivers and Consent Forms” (LINK TO BE UPDATED)